External hemorrhoids often known as piles is a problem in the anus, where the veins, under the layer of the skin swell up or get inflamed. These swollen veins cause irritation during bowel movement and also make the person extremely uncomfortable due to the pain and itching, and in severe cases, it might bleed as well.
It is one of the most common health problems in the world, and in the U.S. It has been reported that almost 2/3rd of the population faces this issue at certain point in their life. Most of the time, the external hemorrhoids don’t persist for long, it goes away naturally within a week or two, but if it doesn’t, then you need to look for certain external hemorrhoids cure.
This is because if the problem increases, the discomfort level and bleeding can increase which can be life threatening. There are various homely external hemorrhoids cures which if implemented in the right way can make your hemorrhoids go away within few days.
Various over the counter external hemorrhoids cure medicines are also available, but they often come with specific side effects which you cannot ignore. So the best way for external hemorrhoids cure is home remedies, and ten such tips have been discussed below:
- Apple cider vinegar: If your external hemorrhoids have been persisting for weeks and giving you lots of trouble, try using apple cider vinegar, it is very efficient to treat this condition. This remedy is for instant relief from the pain of hemorrhoids. You can soak a cotton ball in the vinegar and apply it to the affected area, and you will get the result instantly. It will reduce the itching as well as the pain, though it might sting for few seconds after you apply it.
- Cold compress: This can lessen the swelling of the external hemorrhoids if you do it continuously. It will diminish the discomfort by removing the itching and also helps in bowel movement as the pain gets reduced. You just need to put few ice cubes in a cotton wrap and press it over the affected area for as many times as you can in a day.
- Hydration: Often, dehydration causes hemorrhoids to worsen, so if you want to have a proper external hemorrhoids cure regime, you need always to keep your anus hydrated. This you can do with wet wipes which are without any fragrance or medicinal elements. Clean your anus with the wet wipes and not the dry ones as they take off the moisture from there.
- Psyllium Husk: If you have external hemorrhoids, you need to take utmost care of your bowel movement. Constipation or hard stools can worsen the hemorrhoids and even cause bleeding during bowel movement. Consume Psyllium husk on a regular basis to get rid of the hard stools and constipation so that your hemorrhoid doesn’t worsen.
- Witch Hazel: If you start applying this item to the affected area for long, hemorrhoid will eventually fade away. This works well to reduce the pain, itching and the bleeding too.
- Soaking: Warm water works like magic on external hemorrhoids, whether you soak the affected area or take a bath with warm water. You can take a tub full of warm water (not hot water) and soak the affected part for twenty minutes; it will not only relax you but will reduce the pain and the itching which causes the main discomfort.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural product which is a remedy for any problem of the skin, and so it is also one of the best external hemorrhoids cure. It has anti-inflammation elements which make the pain, and the inflammation go away quickly. You can apply the gel from freshly-cut leaves of the aloe plant, and it will reduce the swelling of the veins.
- Olive oil: By increasing the elasticity of vessels carrying blood in the anus, olive oil helps in reducing the pain caused by external hemorrhoids. Its anti-inflammatory element works like magic in curing the symptoms of this problem. You can add a little amount of olive oil to your diet to soften stool too.
- Tea tree oil: If you mix a small amount of tea tree oil with other essential oils and apply it on a regular basis, then the inflammation from hemorrhoids will get reduced.
- Cotton undergarments: Always wear loose-fitting cotton garments to help your privates breathe. This will reduce chances of infection as well.
If you implement few of this above mentioned external hemorrhoids cure remedies, then you can get relief from the inflammation and discomfort of the hemorrhoids within few days. Taking action from the beginning is mandatory. Otherwise, severe hemorrhoids might affect your normal lifestyle significantly.